EORLA Board of Directors
Recruitment Notice & Invitation for Nomination
Application Deadline – Friday, March 1, 2019
The Governance Committee of the Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is seeking nominations to fill a vacancy at the Board of Directors table. The Committee has identified the following competencies to further strengthen the overall Board capabilities:
- Physician, with active privileges in one of the sixteen member hospitals who has extensive pathology/laboratory medicine interaction
EORLA is committed to advancing the field of laboratory medicine through trusted quality and service to 16 member organizations. Laboratory professionals are an integral part of the health care team and contribute to patient care through the diagnosis and management of disease by laboratory methods. The increasing complexity of laboratory services, coupled with government and member hospital desire for efficiencies, is challenging EORLA to pursue sustainable regional laboratory system strategies. The unique integrated regional structure provides great potential to pursue innovation in clinical service.
The Board is seeking an individual who possesses:
- An ability to consider the health care system as a whole
- Organizational governance in the non-profit, corporate or broader public sectors
- The time and talent to commit to the Board membership
- The skills to act as a collaborator and consensus builder
- The desire to actively participate in Board strategies
It is anticipated that the Board will meet in-person during business hours, at least six times per year and by teleconference as required. The commitment to the EORLA Board will span at minimum two years. The meetings are estimated to require a half day of active participation and are of the highest importance.
The Board has identified several key objectives for the coming years which will help to strengthen EORLA’s foundation and build towards the future:
- Build and lead a regional laboratory system that is recognized for its trusted quality and service, its responsible stewardship of resources and its desire to become a great place to work
- Build an outward-looking culture that is patient, physician and member focused
Those interested should complete the attached competency application and send it to Ms. Leigh Fenton at email@example.com.
501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6